Sunday, June 14, 2015

Worth the Walk

Highlight of the day: I bought two mugs for 50 pesos at a small shop in downtown Cholula. It's almost bad when things are so cheap, because I keep convincing myself to buy more. From jewelry to blankets to everything in between, today was a successful day for shopping.

The view from the church was
beautiful.  People were out flying kites and
 enjoying the weekend with family.
     This weekend was relaxing and exactly what I needed. Friday evening we went to a nice sushi restaurant in the "new" Puebla. Saturday, Savannah, Alex, and I went out to breakfast at a restaurant nearby called Las Quekas. I had an omelette for the first time since I have been here. That plus the freshly squeezed juice made for a great way to start the day.

     After taking a few hours to get some sun, we all decided to go to the mall again. I was craving chicken fingers, so we went to Chili's. The movie Jurassic World also just came out, so we really wanted to watch it. We were all crossing our fingers as the movie started hoping that the movie actually was in English. Lucky for us, we purchased tickets to an English showing with Spanish subtitles!

     Today Savannah and I went to Karma Bagels, a great restaurant though it is a bit of a walk. After walking all that way, we decided to stay out and explore some more. Lunch turned into a four hour walk. We finally made the trek up to the church as well! It wasn't really that bad since there was a breeze, and the view was completely worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment