Saturday, May 30, 2015

We made it!

Highlight of the day: On the first flight, when the flight attendant offered us drinks, we each got an entire can. I've never been given an entire can of Ginger Ale on a flight!

The clouds were beautiful as we started the second leg of our journey,
and though the ride was a bit bumpy, it only added to the experience.
     Today was quite a long day, but once we got to Mexico, it was all worth it. I left my house at 7:30 am and didn't make it into Cholula until around 9:30 pm. The layover in Dallas was long, the airport in Puebla was small, but overall it was a good day. The most important part is that we made it, and I have already gotten settled in my new room.

We each have a sink and
mirror in our room. That'll
 make mornings easier!
     Our dorm appears to be really nice. Savannah and I have private rooms next door to each other. There is a bathroom with many stalls, many showers, and even a washer and dryer right on our floor. We also have a kitchen with a large refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, basically everything we could need. There is a living room on our floor as well as in the main entrance to the building. We're lucky enough to have a beautiful courtyard/sports field outside, so there were even people around at night when we got here.

The view from my door. Excuse the shoe I forgot to put away.
     Tomorrow we will have time to explore and pick up the things we forgot about. Hangers are definitely at the top of my list! I don't want my scrubs to get wrinkled before I even put them on. After such a tiring day, I'm looking forward to some much needed rest tonight, and hopefully we'll have a slow, relaxing morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment